Castopod has been offering built-in audience measurement features for two years, following the IAB Podcast Measurement Technical Guidelines Version 2.0.
As a podcaster, you will get many cool features from OP3:
- It is free for everyone (as in free beer, even though hosting companies may sponsor it).
- It helps keeping the podcasting ecosystem free (as in free speech) and open.
- It allows podcasters to share their analytics with others so that they can eventually compare them.
- It provides analytics data that cannot be tampered with.
- Its data can be queried thanks to a very cool API.
You may enable OP3 in Castopod (from version 1.1.0) by following this prodecure:
- Go to your Castopod admin panel.
- For each podcast, you can enable it by switching on the “OP3” option in the podcast form:
- That's it. Your podcast is now OP3-enabled!
Of course, if for some reason you don't want to use the OP3 service anymore, you may disable it at any time.
Photo by Timur Saglambilek