“Cloud Panel is a free software to configure and manage a server with an obsessive focus on simplicity.
Run static websites, PHP, Node.js and, Python applications.”
Although version 1 is deprecated, instructions about installing Castopod on Cloud Panel Version 1 are still available.
Installing Debian or Ubuntu, Cloud Panel and Castopod should take ~30mn, depending on your bandwidth and on your expertise.
Although this requires basic Linux administration skills, all this is very easy.
We use Ubuntu but the choice between Debian and Ubuntu is really up to you.
- Download and install Debian (11) or Ubuntu (22.04) on your server (with curl, wget and sudo packages installed).
- Note that you need at least 7GB of free disk space otherwise the installation script will fail (I've been there…).
- You just need one single command line (that will not ask for anything from you) in order to install Cloud Panel CE (select the database engine you prefer):
$ curl -sSL https://installer.cloudpanel.io/ce/v2/install.sh | sudo DB_ENGINE=MARIADB_10.9 bash
- Then open your favourite web browser and create a Cloud Panel admin account:
- When this is done you will see Cloud Panel dashboard:
- Create a new site:
- Create a PHP site, then:
- Enter your domain name:
- Edit the VHost and add
try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$args;to the
location ~ /.well-knownsection:
- Create a Letsencrypt HTTPS certificate:
- You can check that your website is online:
- Now create a new database (write down the username and password, you will need them later):
- Go to castopod.org and download Castopod ZIP package.
- Go to the file manager and upload the Castopod ZIP package to your home folder:
- Extract the package into the
- Go in the
htdocsfolder and delete the website folder (named after your domain name):
- Rename the
castopodfolder into your domain name:
- Change its permissions to
- In the Website settings, change the root directory to the
- Add these 3 Cron jobs (every minute):
php8.1 /home/castopod/htdocs/castopod.demo/public/index.php scheduled-websub-publish
php8.1 /home/castopod/htdocs/castopod.demo/public/index.php scheduled-video-clips
php8.1 /home/castopod/htdocs/castopod.demo/public/index.php scheduled-activities
- Now go to your domain name in order to run Castopod's wizard:
- You may now login to Castopod:
- You are now ready to podcast!!! 🚀
Note: If you have several websites using Redis, remember to use a different Redis database for each one (Redis default number of databases is 16, from 0 to 15):
Happy podcasting! 🥳